Laboratory Code of Conduct & Acknowledgement of Receipt
The purpose of the laboratory is to provide basic skills that are necessary for the nursing field. All required lab training hours must be completed before the student is permitted to do clinical. The following is a list of codes of conduct for using the laboratory.
The laboratory is open Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm, and Saturday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. Students will be notified if, at any time, lab hours warrant changing to accommodate federal holidays. Students must adhere to the hourly limits.
Students are not allowed to complete laboratory hours during their regular class time or during class breaks. Laboratory hours can be done before the start of class for afternoon students or after completion of class for morning students. In addition, the student must sign in and out to receive credit for lab, and need to complete the entire lab segment.
- Students MUST sign-in online at Class Registration - Skill Lab for their current course.
- Students that schedule lab time and are a “NO SHOW”, and did not submit a written Cancellation of Lab within 48hrs to Student Services, will be auto-cancelled from their next 3 bookings.
- Students can sign for a maximum of 8 days, any additional days will be auto-cancelled.
- Students should monitor their time in the lab and keep a record for reference.
- Students must come to lab prepared with the necessary tools (please refer to your Clinical Equipment List).
- Students should ensure that their required tools and laboratory manual are readily available during lab sessions.
- Students must complete 16 hours of laboratory by the end of each Nursing Theory class, beginning with Anatomy through Trends.
- Students should have the Skills Checklist corresponding to the current class available during lab. The Skills Checklist should be signed by your Lab Instructor and/or the Lab Coordinator once you have demonstrated competency for the procedure.
- Students must present their signed checklist to Student Services no later than the week prior to the final exam.
- Students are required to wear their complete school uniform while in the laboratory (please refer to Uniform Policy) for lab. No student should wear tight fitting or revealing clothing. Closed shoes are required for the lab. Open shoes such as open toes, flip flops, or sandals are not allowed in the lab. Clothing must appear clean and free of strong odor.
- Students are no longer allowed to wear the Carleen Home Health School t-shirt in the lab.
- Uniform rules must be adhered to, and any student who fails to comply with the rules will not be allowed in the laboratory.
If you have any questions or concerns please speak to your Lab Instructor or the Lab Coordinator.
Code of Conduct:
- There must be no eating in the lab.
- Keep working area clean at all times.
- Be kind, courteous, and respectful to fellow classmates, your Lab Instructor and/or the Lab Coordinator.
- Speak softly so as to not disturb other people working in the lab.
Click here to acknowledge that you have read or received a copy of the Laboratory Code of Conduct and that you understand the implications of violating any of the laboratory policies.
Download a copy of the Laboratory Code of Conduct.